- Carp Bait
- Essential Tackle
- Bait Boats for Carp Fishing
- Bait Boat Reviews
- Bait Boat Reviews Continued
- Bait Boat Reviews Continued 2
- Bait Boats on eBay
- Spod & Marker Rods Plus Accessories
- Daiwa Carp Rods
- Carp Throwing Sticks & Catapults
- PVA Products
- Liquid Attractors & Bait Dips
- Fishing Sunglasses
- Delkim Bite Alarms
- Prologic Bite Alarms
- TF Gear Bite Alarms
- Daiwa Carp Rods
- Carp Fishing Bivvies
- DVDs & Books
- About Me
No. 7 Best Carp Bait…
Price: £0.65 on average for a crusty loaf. White bread from a normal loaf will do the job just as well but for best hookbait presentation you can’t beat using crusty bread.
Outlets: All good supermarkets and bakeries.
Top Tip or Fact: Tip – bread is a brilliant carp bait in the winter. When a lot of other baits fail, this bait seems to produce the goods! Also in the summer months, try lightly toasting slices of bread – this will ensure that the bread when cut into pieces, stays on the hook longer when used as a floater bait.
Bread is my No. 7 best carp bait and is a classic, tried and trusted bait used by most carp anglers. I caught my first carp on bread and many more in the early days, even today I will always have some crusty bread on me when I go fishing, especially if the weather is warm and there’s a chance of catching a few fish off the top.
“I caught my first ever carp using bread!”
Bread is such a versatile bait, you can fish it as a piece of floating crust, as paste, bread flake and even as a small piece of bread punch. So bread can pretty much be used in any fishing situation.
Click here to check out NGT’s variety of plastic fake baits – perfect for Summer carp fishing!
Fishing bread crust popped up off the bottom is an excellent technique and has caught me almost as many fish as off the top. It is also a cheap carp bait and and cannot be dismissed even when other people are using more modern baits – going back to basics can sometimes bring you the best results!
Another good little technique is fishing freeline bread flake on the drop. I’ve had good results fishing this way especially near weed and lily beds or next to bankside snags.
Pros vs. Cons
- Cheap carp bait.
- Bread can be presented on the hook in many ways – very versatile!
- It is still an excellent surface bait even when people around you are using dog biscuits and other floating carp baits.
- Bread is also a great visual bait especially when fished as a surface bait.
- It can be used as a bread crumb groundbait mixed with other baits.
- Excellent summer and winter bait.
- Most other species of fish love bread including chub and bream – so nuisance fish can be a pain! Also ducks and seagulls can be a nightmare if you’ve fishing off the top 🙂
- Bread doesn’t stay on the hook for very long.
Bread is an all time classic carp bait. It’s one of those baits that will never go out of fashion. Some of my early experiences of catching carp were often while I was using bread. Most of my fish caught were off the top while surface fishing with floating crust which in my opinion is the most exciting way to catch carp.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comments box below and I will get back to you. Thanks again.
Click here to continue with my Top 10 Baits…
Pinterest – view all my Carp Fishing boards
- "Bestbaitforcarpfishing.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Bestbaitforcarpfishing.com (Amazon.com)."